Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Photography on a Sunday with Friends

On Sunday two of my friends and I went to Mill Race in Northville, MI to practice taking pictures. Roy, one of my friends, had the most amazing camera and really, is a seasoned pro and he graciously helped Jenna and me with questions about photography.

I have always been interested in a subject and more specifically, people. Now, I do enjoy landscapes such as rolling mountains and sunsets, but there is just something about capturing expressions that just blows me away.

Roy, Jenna and I went around Mill Race picking out different backgrounds, layouts and poses for our photos. It was a really good mix of people with differing opinions and many great ideas. The best thing about photography is that it is so creative in both processes - the actual photo taking and then post editing. You can honestly do any and everything.

The three of us acted not only as the photographers, but also the models. Here are some of my top favorite shots of the day - so far. I say so far because I spent three hours editing these four photos and decided that was enough for the day.

Hope you enjoy … there will be more to come!








1 comment:

  1. Lisa, these are great! I want to see more of you, though I guess that's tough when you're the photographer. I wanted to tell you that I started my blog. I guarantee it to be gloriously mediocre. It's about food.

    http://eatitifyoudare.blogspot.com/
    "What Won't I Eat?"

    Check it out when you get a chance. Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete