Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Birthday Princess, Two Cakes and A WHOLE Lot of Fun

I feel blessed for many things in my life, but the one that seems to always be a constant blessing, is my niece, Julia.

I feel very lucky that I am extremely close to my family. My brother, sister-in-law and niece live literally three miles away from my house and this allows me to see them very often.

That being said, this past Sunday was Julia's second birthday party and it couldn’t have gone better.

I could be bias, but I am pretty sure that Julia is just about the cutest girl on this planet. Look at her with her sweet dress and fabulous tiara - dressed to perfection. That's my girl!

I felt like that day went by in the blink of an eye, but that could be because my face was planted behind a camera for half of it. I can't believe how fast this wee one is growing up. It honestly seems like just yesterday my parents and I were driving the long way to Grand Rapids to be there for the birth and now she's two!

The party was perfection in every way - the guests, the food, the presents and the cake. We had wonderful weather and even better company. I honestly have to step back once and awhile and pinch myself because, this is my life. This erratic, loving, caring family belongs to me. Adam also made it out for Julia's party and he is a member of my family through and through. He was the most helpful, loving boyfriend I could have wanted that day. Even though my family was asking for his help (more then once or twice) he didn't even think of complaining and saying no. He enjoyed himself. That means the world to me.


Back to the party! Julia didn't take a nap all day so you could tell she was keeping herself awake with sugar and pop (hey, it's her birthday and her auntie can give her whatever she wants). She was a trooper the whole day - elated that everyone (about 26 people) were there for her, and only her. She opened her presents with grace and went to every person individually and thanked them - SO cute! She loved being sung too but had NO time for cake and ice cream. She loved the present that Dikran and I got her and that was all she had eyes for when her daddy was trying to put her to bed.


Bed was a dream on her daddy's part and soon after he put her inside, Jewels was strolling outside to where we were - a smile on her face. She got her way.

It was getting late and it was time to go home for the Ornekian family but I left that house looking back at a smiling, loving, friendly little girl. She had the time of her life and although the terrible twos are starting, I wouldn't change anything about her - she is perfect.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, so you might be a bit biased, but I am here to ofer an unbiased opinion... and I gotta say, she is verrrrry cute. :) I especially love the last one.

    ReplyDelete