Monday, June 22, 2009

A Weekend Filled with Favorites

So once and awhile weekends come along that are both socially interactive and relaxing - this past weekend was just that kind of (three) day weekend.

Friday, besides the storms, ended up being a pretty relaxing day. I do have to say, even though I have had a 25% pay cut, these Fridays off sure are nice. I was able to get a lot of running around done and still have hours before heading out to Troy.

Now Troy isn’t a pain to drive to in any means but I have to admit that it does get somewhat tiresome when I drive out there everyday BUT unfortunately, pretty much all of my friends live on that side of town so I usually end up spending the night at either Erin's or Adam's (when he's home).

Matt was having a BBQ at his place since his parents weren't home and I was really nervous for him about the weather, I'm a nervous person, what can I say? BUT thankfully, we were able to get all the eating done outside. It was a fun night with some really good friends, although Adam wasn't there. I always feel a little bad when I go out and have a good time with all of Adam's friends and he's not there because really, it's not by his choice - he would love to be out here with all of us.

Nevertheless, it was a good time with good food and good friends - not much more you can ask for.

Saturday was a different kind of day - the kind of days that don't come around too often, but the days I love! My mom and I went shopping for about five hours in the morning and I came home with an AMAZING dress for the trip Adam and I are going on in August. WOW - not kidding, this dress is awesome and I can't wait for Adam to see it on me!!

After shopping I had the house to myself - which was glorious. I sat out in the back and read until I couldn't breathe because of the heat. I came inside, watched some True Blood and had some dinner. After a long walk my parents and I watched the DeVinci Code (which I must admit, I liked).

Sunday was Fathers Day but since my dad doesn't get up until like 11, I went to church and picked up bagels on my way home. Did a lot more laying out in the sun while reading (a favorite pastime of mine) and before I knew, Derek, Cat and Jewels were over. We had a great night with family and fun and I was able to top it off with the new episode of True Blood.

This truly was a relaxing fun weekend - the only thing missing was, of course, Adam. It has now been SIX weeks since I've seen him.

No comments:

Post a Comment