Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Best Summer Television: True Blood

One morning I was listening to Jim Harper in the Morning (OK I listen to him every morning) and he was talking about a new show that was on HBO called True Blood. He explained that it was an adult version of Twilight pretty much - this clearly had me interested. I unfortunately do not have HBO and don't really plan on spending the money to get it - I really don't need to watch that much TV and I feel like if I was to get HBO I would ALWAYS be in front of the TV.

After he talked about it, I kind of let it go. I didn't really want to download all the episodes from ITunes so I just said whatever and continued on my way.

Last week I was walking in Target and saw that season one was now out on DVD and I got really excited, but didn't want to buy the set since I had no idea if I was going to like it or not so I did the next best thing and went to Blockbuster.

Blockbuster has this summer deal now too. You pay ten dollars for unlimited movies for a week - this clearly worked out perfect for me since True Blood had five discs and if I didn't get the pass, it would have cost me $25 - so already a deal!

I was considering watching this with my parents but they weren't able to watch the first episode when I wanted too so I started it on my own and WOW - I'm sure glad I did. In no way, shape or form should anyone watch this with their parents. I'm so glad it worked out the way it did.

The minute the show started, I was enthralled. It's about a small town in Louisiana in present day where humans and vampires are living together. It centers on a 25 year old woman named Sookie Stackhouse, a waitress who can read minds. Her life changes when Vampire Bill walks into the bar after Vampires have been made public for two years.

The first season is about a killer that has been murdering woman who has had some sort of relations with vampires. I will have to warn you that there is a lot of sex, violence and language, but what do you really expect from an HBO show?

Season two just started so for all of those who need some good summer television, I FULLY recommend True Blood.

2 comments:

  1. Gah! You and your vampires. Did Cindy tell you that she's reading Twilight? If not, then, you didn't hear it from me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha - she did tell me! I'm proud of her. But listen, I think you might like True Blood too - it's got everything.

    ReplyDelete