Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Two Very Different Disney Movies

In the past few weeks I have seen two very different Disney movies. One was Disney Nature - Earth and the other, Disney Pixar - UP.

If you were ever curious to what Earth was about, just rent Planet Earth due by the BBC. I was horribly disappointed in this movie. Since I have seen all 60 some hours of Planet Earth, I felt like I wasted a movie ticket. The trailer, to me, came across as a story of three different animal families - the whale, the polar bear and the elephant. NOPE. It showed the same exact footage as Planet Earth.

Was it beautiful? Yes. Was it worth the money? No.

This past weekend I had the PRIVILEGE of seeing the Disney Pixar movie UP and let me tell you, I haven't seen that good of a Disney movie in a long time.

My mom and I arrived about 20 minutes early to find the whole theater filled with adults - this was a Sunday afternoon. I was surprised by this because I thought this was a children's movie. A couple walked in with their daughter after me and my mom and actually asked us if they were in the right movie. According to my ticket, they were.

The story, plain and simply, is about a man vowing to keep a promise to his late wife. Along the way he meets new people, makes new friends and has adventures in his own right. The themes and morals in this movie make more sense to adults then any child I know BUT there is your classic Disney humor and banter that every child and adult alike will love.


I would completely recommend this movie to any and everyone. It will honestly make you laugh, cry and cheer for the good guys.

2 comments:

  1. sounds great! I heard it was a tear-jerker, and hope it's a good cry and not a bad cry. I'll never get Tom Kelly to go though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how I think "Up" doesn't look very special from the previews I've see, but I just know that it's going to be amazing.

    ReplyDelete