Monday, May 11, 2009

I Swear I Liked It.

So this weekend was pretty awesome.

It's been a long while since Adam and I have gone on a date - like a date date, the dinner and movie kind.

Adam came home this weekend to say a final farewell before he leaves for good to Hammond Bay, MI for the summer. This is a four hour drive so not horrible but definitely not doable every weekend. This is the forth year in a row we've been without each other for a summer but I think we're getting use to it - the goodbyes just aren't as bad.

So, he came home and we went to dinner and a movie - he wanted to see Star Trek. The great thing about me, according to Adam, is that I will literally see every movie. I'm more attracted to the big blockbuster/sci-fi/boy movies then I am to the romantic comedies, but don't get me wrong, I love a romantic comedy now and then but that's why God made mothers and girlfriends J.

Anyways, we were waiting in line to get our tickets and when we were called up we were asked if we wanted to make our seats into VIP tickets, we, of course, said yes. This movie was going to be crazy packed on a Saturday and we were going to dinner before hand and with the VIP treatment, your seats are saved AND you get to sit in some pretty amazing chairs.

"Man, it's like we're seating in Captain Kirk's chair." - said by an older Star Trek fan

Adam was really worried that I wasn't going to like this movie but right from the start the movie grabbed my attention and it didn't let go throughout the entire film. Is this an Oscar worthy film? No. But it was able to take the audience through an adventure- almost like a ride. I have NEVER watched Star Trek before nor have I ever had the desire too but I am now curious to see what happens next.

This movie was a prequel. It showed how everything came to be, which didn't matter to me since this was my first Star Trek experience. I enjoyed that the film didn't have any 'big names' because I think that would have taken a lot away from the film. You didn't need big names, you had big effects and a great story line - at least I thought so. They did have Syler from Hero's and the original Spook which was pretty cool.

I would definitely say that this was a good start to the summer movie list I have going on. It would be something I would recommend to anyone because it's fun- just plain fun. I miss that about movies- I want to go to the movies to have fun and this movie did just that.



Oh, and PS - How cute is my niece?

2 comments:

  1. adorable!!! i want to smush her little face :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute cute cute! glad you had a fun date and saw a good movie!

    ReplyDelete