Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Reaching Goals and a Birthday

Well I started two big things on my list yesterday - losing 20 pounds and running straight for five miles. This is going to be hard.

I'm not a good dieter. I don't eat a ton of junk food but I don't eat healthy all the time either. This is going to be the challenge. Running is a challenge as well but I don’t think it's as big a hurdle as the whole eating right thing. Maybe I can eat the way I want but run and the pounds will just melt away?

Anyways, the sad thing about being away from running for so long is the fact that I can only run one mile. At my peak I was running three miles comfortably and five miles if I felt lucky. I NEED to get back to this. After running yesterday I had so much more energy and I had a good pain - you know what pain I'm talking about. Well my goals have been set and are in motion - we'll see how it turns out.

On a side note, it's my mother's birthday. I want every person to know just how much this woman means to me. It's like God made the perfect mother and gave her to me. I feel so blessed to share every day, every thought and every moment with her. I hope she has an enormously wonderful day and I can't wait till I can get home and celebrate with her.


No comments:

Post a Comment