Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Generosity of Photographers

The generosity of fellow photographers honestly baffles me. I started wanting to make photography a side profession of mine about six months ago and to be completely honest; I didn't know where to start.

I knew I loved capturing moments otherwise unnoticed but I needed a better camera - something more than a point and shoot. So after a lot of going back and forth, I bought myself a Nikon D40. It was about the cheapest digital SLR I could get and I figured that the camera doesn't make the photographer. I was in awe of this camera and the photos that it produced (compared to my Canon point and shoot). Soon I begin wanting to invest in better lens so I bought myself a prime lens and a telephoto lens. I am EXTREMELY pleased with both of these.

After I got my equipment I began getting obsessed with other photographer's blogs. I studied everything about them. They, like me, started small but grew their business into something of an empire (to me that is). And the greatest thing about all of it is that their willing to share everything (besides the money of course). They tell you their secrets - they give you advice - they give you free products. They are constantly GIVING.

I cannot wait till I can be in a position where I can give advice and give someone else hope that they too can do this.

FYI - I am currently saving for a new camera. Although I don't think that the camera makes the photographer, I do think it's a smart idea to always have a back-up.

Because every post is better with a photo, here is a photo of my beautiful niece. All post production done in Lightroom 2.0.

No comments:

Post a Comment