Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Highs and Lows

Let me just say, what a weekend.

This weekend had a lot of highs and lows but it balanced itself out pretty well. Friday I was able to take Dana (I use to babysit) out to lunch and catch up on all her 11 year old gossip. It was great - again, felt old not knowing the new slag. Other then that, Friday was a very normal day - lots of reading in the sun. Spending some QT with J-Bird as well, this makes any weekend better.


Saturday was a different story. This past week a very good family friend died. He was my dad's best friend for many years. They coached soccer together and my brothers were close with his sons. He has cancer for many years and unfortunately, it took him away from us last week.

The funeral was beyond sad. I haven't been to a funeral in many years so I didn't fully remember what to expect but I was happy that his turn out was so good. That's why it's nice being a coach and educator - you touch many people's lives.

After the funeral my brother dropped me off and went to his championship baseball game. Whoever won this game was going to be the overall winner. My brother is a very athletic guy and is always playing sports. He's also a physical therapist so he needs to be careful when he plays because he works with his hands.

I'm getting ready to go to Troy to meet Adam when I get a call from my mom. She tells me that Derek has been taken to the ER due to a dislocated shoulder. I guess when he was playing second base the guy slide into him - hard. There is a doctor on his team but wasn't able to pop it back in so Derek had to go in.

Adam and I watched Julia while Cat went to the hospital. We had a lot of fun with her and while we were walking to the park, out of no where, Julia says - I love Adam. It was the cutest thing in the world!

Derek and Cat get back and I have to say, I have NEVER seen my brother so out of it. Jewels was a nervous wreck - she hasn't seen her daddy like that. He was put to sleep so they could pop it back into place and he was still under it a little bit when he got home. Poor guy - I feel pretty bad for him.

Eventually Adam and I made it to Troy and had some dinner and caught up with his mom. Although our plans deviated a bit, we were still together and we still had a good time.

On Sunday was Adam's cousin's graduation party. His cousin lives in Florida so Grandpa sent him out here and threw him a bash. It was SO much fun and the weather could not have been better.


Adam and I haven't been able to go to any family functions this summer since he's been away so it was really nice to be able to catch up with everyone.


I took a lot of pictures of the little kiddies all day and played a lot of corn hole! We didn't end up getting back until after 11 and I was sad to see the day go by so fast.


Now, Adam is back up north but only for a short while. We go on our trip is T Minus 11 days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment